If you’re a bride to be and you’re planning a 2022 wedding, then you’re probably super overwhelmed by all of the decisions you have to make this year! From decorations to day of details like timeline, photography, and catering, it can be a LOT! While I don’t want to add one more thing to your list of Wedding-Day-Must-Have’s, I do want to touch on whether or not your should do a First Look with your bridesmaids. If this isn’t something you’ve considered, it may be a fun addition to your big day! If it is something you’ve considered, keep reading for a list of pros and cans that will hopefully make your decision a bit easier to make!
- You’ll get an adorable collection of reaction photos when they see you for the first time before you walk down the aisle!
- Their reaction to seeing you fully made up will give you a confidence boost and make you feel like a million bucks!
- It will help lighten your nerves. You’ve already done one big reveal, so it makes the next one a bit less intimidating!
- You’ll get to spend some extra quality time with your girls before your big moment and will make the day even more memorable for them and yourself!
- Unfortunately, if you’re planning to do a first look with your Bridesmaids, they won’t be able to help you get ready or hang out with you while you’re getting your make up done.
- It requires a bit of planning and strategy because you’ll need two separate rooms to get ready in–one for you and one for your girlies.
- It will either add time to your wedding day timeline or take time away from another portion of your big day.
At the end of the day, a First Look with your Bridesmaids can be a major morale boost before you walk down the aisle; however, it can also be a bit complicated! If you’re a bride that needs alone time before the “I do’s” or you’re someone that wants a more intimate setting, then a First Look with your Bridesmaids may be perfect for you! If you have a large bridal party and want to cut back on the chaos while not feeling lonely, bring your maid of honor into the room to get ready with you so that you’ll have some company while also surprising the rest of your wedding party!
If you’re a more extroverted bride that would prefer to spend ALL of your time before the wedding hanging with pals and kicking back, then a First Look with your bridesmaids may not be a great idea. It totally depends on what your hopes are on your most special day!
I hope that this list of pros and cons helps you make your decision and firm up your wedding day timeline! If you want more bridesmaid tips, check out my latest blog post on Bridesmaid dresses I fell in love with!
If you like the photos you’ve seen throughout this blog post, you’re in luck! I’m a wedding photographer in Southern California and am currently booking for 2022. Click here to get in touch or check out my instagram to see more of my work!